Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What A Wonderful World



Yeah...ok...so I haven't posted anything on here in about 5 days. I had somewhat of a brain freeze and got sidetracked by the everyday hustle and stress of what we like to call "life". It happens to the best of us right? I sat here for about an hour trying to figure out what my next post would be, trying to get my creative juices flowing. How frustrating it is when you can't think of anything to write. My husband told me "Honey you can be creative and write about anything, your job (yuck), the dogs, your kids, a blog post you saw, a picture, etc." Nothing, absolutely nothing, was igniting my creativity until I went to his blog and watched, for the 10th time, a video of Billy Gilman and this precious, beautiful little girl named Abbey Umali singing What A Wonderful World. This little angel is the Goodwill Ambassador for MDA. Abbey sang that song from the heart and so did Billy. She brought him to tears. It sure humbles me. That amazing little girl has MD and may not live as long as I have but here she sat with that beautiful smile, singing the one song that should make us thankful for everything...even the little things we sometimes overlook. Which got me to thinking...sometimes I let life get me down and I sweat the small stuff. You know the stress I'm talking about, we all deal with it...an unrewarding job or one you hate, not enough money, bosses you want to kick in the knee (lol), rude customers, I could go on and on but you get my point. Then I get home, finally, so relieved, and my husband is happy to see me, tells me he missed me and he loves me, our puppy is ecstatic to see me and won't stop kissing me and trying to eat my face. Then after dinner I come on here and start searching for blogs I've yet to discover. Whew, I'm relaxed and breathing again. Then after a few hours I decide to check out that video on my husband's blog again and see beautiful little Abbey with a smile that could melt even the hardest of hearts and I am humbled all over again. So it got me to thinking that this would be the ideal subject for me to talk about. I decided not to post that video on my blog because my husband already has it posted so I went to Youtube and found a live video that is beautiful too. I sat and watched that and realized everything I have to be thankful for...another day that God has given me breath, my health, my husband and best friend, my wonderful children and grandchildren, my family, the fact that even though I don't always like my job I need to be thankful for it because there are others who haven't worked in months, my puppies who love me no matter what I say or do. We need to be thankful each and every day for everything we have. I can tell you from experience that we could be far worse off because there is always someone somewhere suffering more than we are. I could sit here all night and think of all the things I should be thanking God for. But in the end I'll just say thank you, thank you, thank you Lord, for everything...What A Wonderful World you created for us.

3 comments:

Gaia said...

Hiee Charmaine, totally agree. There is always someone out there who has it worse than us.

When you see or hear those stories, you'll just have to be thankful.

That is what I always teach my boy too. Appreaciate what you have now!

God Bless

Unknown said...

I agree with Gaia and Being Me, there's always someone that's worse off than us. We must count our blessings and carry one another when one needs carrying. I Love You GBU!

Charmaine said...

Thanks you 3 for the comments! My husband and I learned today how much worse someone else has it didn't we honey? It still haunts my thoughts even now. Thanks again and GBU! I love you honey!